Thursday, October 9, 2008

Being Honest with God

Greg Enas shared a great testimony this morning at basketball regarding honesty with God. His family has been going through various trials actually covering the past few years and he used them to speak of our need to be honest. There are no real 1/2 way measures with God, even though I often try have my own way while still "doing" mostly right things. But if God truly IS God, then only complete honesty with Him and surrender to Him will cut it. None of this partial submittal stuff. God doesn't accept partial committment. Because of His love for me, He will just pull back and let me tossed about on my own. He's waiting for me to admit to myself that I don't trust Him /believe Him/ sumit/ whatver. When I finally surrender in full, He is more than gracious to step in and lead me, just like He always is wanting too. Psalm 119:8 Is David being Honest with God. As I committment to follwing God, He teaches me that I can depend on Him.

Your brother in Christ,

Bob Doster

No comments: