Monday, October 13, 2008

Conforming to His Image, Amy Carmichael and JIM Night

This week, pastor mark gave us some great stuff about Amy Carmichael, a dedicated missionary who lived a Christ-centered life by saving the lives of thousands of children in India. More significant though was her personal journey with Christ - we can all learn to be more fearless and to take chances with the holy spirit guiding our actions. I felt Paul's words from Ephesians 6 about declaring the gospel fearlessly ringing through my head when he was talking about the story of how this woman lived for Christ.

Tonight, I am attending JIM night at 6:30 where Nate Irwin will be discussing an important book to those who are interested in missionary work. "Conformed to His Image," by Kenneth Boa is a book about the spiritual tools needs to carry-out mission work in the face of tough challenges. But more importantly he discusses how to first point your life toward Christ so God's purposes can be revealed to you through his wisdom and power and not our own. In reading an excerpt from the book, it is clear how much this can apply to our daily lives right here in Indianapolis or in India.

I don't know what mission work has to do with me yet, but I feel like God is in the process of revealing his plan to me, whether that be supporting missionaries from here or in any other way he might have for me....please pray that I would let God work on my heart in relation to mission work of any kind and that I would be seeking God's path tonight and always.

Also don't forget to vote in the poll down the right hand side of the blog, I have posted a new question.

In Christ,

Todd McCall

PS - for those who are going to the mission weekend, especially the men's ping pong and pancakes on Saturday morning, the Irwin cup is mine!

No comments: